Products Liability Defense
Janice Iati of The Law Firm of Janice Iati has over 30 years of extensive experience defending nationally known manufacturers, retailers, insureds of insurance carriers and other entities in the defense of a broad spectrum of industrial products in high stakes and complex product liability litigation. To build the strongest defense, we utilize experts in the fields of product design, accident reconstruction and human safety.
Our significant experience, resources and commitment in the defense of alleged product defect claims has resulted in summary judgments, successful settlements and defense verdicts. Our product liability experience includes:
• Industrial kitchen equipment and machinery
• Bakery and ovens
• Food processing equipment
• Electrical equipment
• Transportation vehicles; trucks, automobiles, forklifts, cranes
• Boom lifts, scissor lifts, hydraulic lifts
• Power tools
• Warehouse systems
• Obtained summary judgment on behalf of our client who provided mechanical contracting services. Our client installed a rubber expansion joint at the request of the owner. The joint was designed to protect pumps and piping systems from changes in temperature and pressure while reducing vibration. The joint worked properly for about 6 weeks at which time it failed causing an explosion. We prevailed in proving the part was properly installed utilizing the services of a mechanical engineer.
• Obtained voluntary discontinuance for our client. We were able to establish that our insured had installed the lift gate for a delivery truck properly and any failure was due to a defect/alteration to a specific part of the lift gate.